POSITION SUMMARY: Primary client contact for program(s) to which employee is assigned. Manages day-to-day activity of program and supervises staff. Extensive interaction with internal and external customers. Significant participation in strategic planning. Review contracts and is accountable for proper execution of contract terms. Works with Senior Manager or Director to develop policies, procedures and the business work plan for assigned program(s). ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Manage program(s) per the scope of work, program and standard operating procedures within the contracted budget.
- Manage day-to-day activity of the program operation, including supervision of staff.
- Monitor program statistics and metrics.
- Resolve complex cases.
- Travel to and attend related meetings/conferences as required.
- Lead the analysis and writing of client reports and other deliverables.
- Presentation of program information to internal and external customers.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with key contacts in professional organizations and medical professional societies.
- Participate in interviewing prospective employees, evaluating current employees, and train employees as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5 - 8 years relevant experience or 3 - 5 years of experience with Master’s degree
- Pharmacy Technician License may be required depending on program and state requirements
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office and Internet experience; excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills; Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Job CategoryGeneralPrimary LocationUnited States-Tennessee-MemphisWork LocationsMemphis, TN - 1670 Century Center Drive1670 Century Center DriveMemphis38134ScheduleFull-timeShift1st ShiftEmployee StatusRegularTravelNoWork From Home?No
Internal ID: REQ20005860