Great ideas sometimes come from singular inspiration, but more often they’re a result of collaborative effort. Inside Garmin, we like to foster an environment of participation and engagement. We support professional development, offer well-designed career paths and adhere to a policy that prioritizes promoting from within the company to maximize the opportunities for our associates. We are also committed to being a good corporate citizen and providing opportunities for associates to contribute toward a healthy, sustainable world.
Come join Garmin’s team of talented engineers designing and certifying world-class avionics in the beautiful Pacific Northwest! We are looking for an engineer to provide project and technical leadership for complex aircraft certification projects. As an Aircraft Systems Engineer 2 – Aircraft Certification, you will work with product development teams on new products, solve difficult engineering problems, and work toward certification for installation of Garmin avionics in various aircraft.
Other job responsibilities for this position include:
- Develop and/or certify moderately complex system designs or aircraft installations derived from already completed projects
- Author and/or review STC certification plans for basic projects that use significant portions from completed projects
- May serve as project and/or certification lead for basic projects or projects of medium complexity that use significant portion from other completed projects
- Demonstrate basic understanding of STC certification process and associated regulations
- Offer suggestions to improve processes
- Work effectively with aircraft maintenance team to support test/evaluation of equipment
- Provide reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced aircraft systems engineers (Aircraft Systems Engineer 1)
- Apply Garmin’s Mission Statement and Quality Policy and enthusiastically exhibit a desire to see Garmin succeed
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
Qualified candidates will possess a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering or a related field, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience. Other requirements include:
- Outstanding academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule)
- Demonstrates advanced troubleshooting skills for technical area listed in next bullet
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge in one or more of the following technical areas:
>Systems Integration & Electrical
Preferred candidates will have previous work or internship experience with aviation systems and superior academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.5)
Our benefits, designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life, keep us competitive and allow our associates to make their own decisions about their well-being and future. We offer a choice of healthcare plans—with low or no premiums—which consistently rank in the 90th percentile when compared to other high-tech employers, plus dental and vision plans for you and your family. In addition, our financial benefits rate 82% above the median for technology companies comparable in size. Our 401K retirement plan provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount.
As part of our ongoing commitment to helping associates maintain a healthy balance between work and life, we sponsor company-wide and individual wellness initiatives, as well as world-class sporting events—and even some of the participating athletes. In each of the communities in which we do business, Garmin has a strong philanthropic and civic presence. Our associates benefit from these connections in many ways, including through discounts on products and services, opportunities to attend sponsored events, and even help with work-life initiatives, such as pilot certification and adoption assistance.
EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veteran Salary Range: Neg-Neg Relocation: Travel: Job Ident #: 160013V
Location/Region: Salem, OR (US)