About the Organization PosiGen was founded in 2011 in New Orleans, LA, with the mission of making a positive financial impact on the lives of homeowners. PosiGen pairs energy efficiency retrofits and solar power systems to reduce household energy consumption. We are dedicated to increasing energy independence and ensuring the financial security of the communities we serve. Since our humble beginnings, PosiGen has expanded its solar energy and energy efficiency mission across Louisiana, New York, Connecticut and Florida.
PosiGen’s Vision is to be the world’s most amazing energy enterprise dedicated to delivering freedom, power and pure positive energy to all.
We are expanding quickly, and constantly challenging ourselves to think outside the box to promote solar energy and customer savings. Join PosiGen, and help us make a difference.
THIS POSITION IS 100% TRAVEL
The Field Operations Manager is a leadership position overseeing work on military bases throughout the United States. The Field Operations Manager is ultimately responsible for the Safety, Quality, Efficiency, and Customer Experience of the residential and commercial solar installations. Additionally, the Operations Manager is responsible for organizing, motivating, and leading the operations team.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage, motivate, and mentor a variety of personnel involved in the energy efficiency and installation of solar projects
- Evaluate and manage the resources and processes required for the successful completion of a high volume of residential and small commercial solar projects.
- Work closely with local site host and Military personal to understand the requirements for each base.
- Assists VP of Operations in managing all subcontractor relationships and expectations
- Manage projects to contractual requirements by utilizing appropriate resources
- Analyze performance data to eliminate bottlenecks and ensure optimal performance
- Drive continuous improvement in Safety, Quality, Customer Service, and Productivity throughout branch operations
- Ensure that every member of the branch team receives the proper safety training and equipment applicable to their position
- Ensure that “Best Practices” are being consistently applied throughout the branch operations
- Flexibility and willingness to “wear many hats” is required. Depending on branch size the Branch Operations Manager will need the ability to actively support the following: performing site evaluations, assisting in permitting, project scheduling, supporting installations, performing warehousing functions, and completing service calls;
- Work to ensure that we are delivering an excellent customer experience and escalate customer concerns as necessary;
- Manage the on-site facilities as necessary
- Travel to all project jobsites located on all relevant military bases, 100% travel
- Must be a motivated team player, looking to succeed;
- This position requires risk analysis, critical thinking, and the ability to provide solutions to the benefit of the company and projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Operationally focused; detailed oriented but able to grasp big picture
- Excellent people skills, able to manage, motivate and discipline if necessary.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and be able to lead by example
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration, Construction / Project Management, or equivalent preferred
- 5+ years business/construction experience in renewables, military project experience preferred
- 2+ years of construction management experience, military project experience preferred
- NABCEP certification Proffered not required.
- Electrical license preferred not required
- BPI certification preferred not required
- LEED certification preferred not required
- Bilingual preferred not required
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word and project management tools
- Familiarity with ERP systems (Oracle) and CRM systems (Salesforce.com) is a plus
- The candidate will have a track record of proven leadership abilities (communication, relationship building, training & development, employment decisions) as well as solar installation management experience
- Maintain a valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Knowledge of solar energy and/or solar industry experience required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Shift -not applicable-
Position Field Operations Manager (Travel)
Number of Openings 1
Location Philadelphia, PA