Great ideas sometimes come from singular inspiration, but more often they’re a result of collaborative effort. Inside Garmin, we like to foster an environment of participation and engagement. We support professional development, offer well-designed career paths and adhere to a policy that prioritizes promoting from within the company to maximize the opportunities for our associates. We are also committed to being a good corporate citizen and providing opportunities for associates to contribute toward a healthy, sustainable world.
Come join Garmin’s team of talented engineers designing and certifying world-class avionics in the beautiful Pacific Northwest! We are looking for an engineer to provide project and technical leadership for complex aircraft certification projects. As an Aircraft Systems Engineer 1 – Aircraft Certification, you will work with product development teams on new products, solve difficult engineering problems, and work toward certification for installation of Garmin avionics in various aircraft.
Other job functions will include:
- Contributing to aircraft certification projects, including project planning, reporting project status, and contributing to a project team to achieve aircraft certification.
- Working with product development teams for new products, developing technical data in support of aircraft installation, and resolving technical issues.
- Providing reliable solutions to a wide range of difficult avionics engineering problems using sound problem-solving techniques.
- Creating certification data including installation data, test plans and reports, and compliance reports.
- Understanding design and/or certification constraints and working effectively with product development teams to complete complex, new, or significant projects.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical or Aerospace Engineering from a four-year college university OR an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Other qualifications include:
- Excellent academics (cumulative GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 as a general rule).
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Aviation knowledge through prior experience as a pilot or maintenance technician.
Our benefits, designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life, keep us competitive and allow our associates to make their own decisions about their well-being and future. We offer a choice of healthcare plans—with low or no premiums—which consistently rank in the 90th percentile when compared to other high-tech employers, plus dental and vision plans for you and your family. In addition, our financial benefits rate 82% above the median for technology companies comparable in size. Our 401K retirement plan provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount.
As part of our ongoing commitment to helping associates maintain a healthy balance between work and life, we sponsor company-wide and individual wellness initiatives, as well as world-class sporting events—and even some of the participating athletes. In each of the communities in which we do business, Garmin has a strong philanthropic and civic presence. Our associates benefit from these connections in many ways, including through discounts on products and services, opportunities to attend sponsored events, and even help with work-life initiatives, such as pilot certification and adoption assistance. Salary Range: Neg-Neg Relocation: Travel: Job Ident #: 170000B