Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with more than 130,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International (USPI), the company operates 79 general acute care hospitals, 20 short-stay surgical hospitals and 470 outpatient centers in the United States, as well as nine facilities in the United Kingdom. Tenet’s Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.
Central Coast Market
Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center (San Luis Obispo, California)Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center is a 165-bed, acute care provider of tertiary services that has been serving the Central Coast of California for more than 50 years. Since its inception in 1959 the hospital has grown into a leading provider of high-level medical services in San Luis Obispo County with a service area that stretches into northern Santa Barbara County and southern Monterey County. Today, Sierra Vista is distinguished by five tertiary services that no other hospital in San Luis Obispo County offers. These include the County’s only neurosurgery program, a high risk pregnancy program, the only dedicated Pediatric Unit, a Level III Trauma Center as well as the largest Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (22 beds) between Santa Barbara and Salinas. Sierra Vista is accredited by The Joint Commission as a Certified Stroke Center and in Congestive Heart Failure and has been verified as a trauma center by the American College of Surgeons.The Birth Center at Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center provides a comprehensive range of obstetric and infant services and is the only hospital in both San Luis Obispo County and Santa Barbara County where a woman can deliver vaginally after a caesarean section (VBAC). Sierra Vista also offers comprehensive, patient-centered, family-oriented care for patients with cardiac disease, neurological disorders, orthopedic surgeries, spinal cord and brain injuries, stroke and arthritis.Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center is dedicated to providing high-quality care to our patients. Because of our efforts, we’ve received numerous hospital awards and distinctions from national organizations for providing accredited health services and meeting a variety of health care standards. When visiting us, you can expect care aligned with research-based protocols and the highest standards. Following is a list of awards and distinctions that Sierra Vista has earned since 2014.The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission, the nation’s oldest and largest hospital accreditation agency and is licensed by the State of California Department of Health. Twin Cities Community Hospital (Templeton, California)Twin Cities Community Hospital is owned by Tenet Healthcare Corporation, a nationwide provider of healthcare services. This 122-bed facility is fully accredited by the Joint Commission and is licensed by the State of California. Twin Cities also has disease specific accreditation from The Joint Commission for Knee Replacement.Since opening in 1977 with 55 beds, Twin Cities has grown to 122 beds and over $100M in net revenues. In 2007, a new three-story patient tower was introduced to the campus. This tower includes a new 23-suite ER, ICU/Step-down unit, and Labor & Delivery unit. The Emergency Department has the most visits of any hospital in San Luis Obispo County.Twin Cities serves a population of approximately 90,000 in North San Luis Obispo County, with service line emphasis on joint replacement, maternal child services, emergency services, surgery and OP services through its OP Diagnostic Center. Twin Cities has quality designations from multiple agencies in the areas of knee and hip replacement, surgery and obstetrics. The hospital has a medical staff of approximately 215 physicians with 75 active physicians. The Hospital operates hospitalist programs for inpatient care, intensive care and orthopedics.
Reporting RelationshipsThe Market Chief Executive Officer, Central Coast Market reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer of the Western Region.Central Coast Market CEO Core CompetenciesAs a leader in healthcare, Tenet is committed to providing the best possible care to every patient, with a clear focus on quality and service. Strong leadership is essential to delivering on this commitment, and we believe that the quality of our leaders can give us a significant long-term competitive advantage. We want to ensure every current and future leader in Tenet is successful, and we support that through our selection and hiring process and by providing coaching and training to our leaders.
Specific Market CEO Responsibilities IncludeViewed as focused, in charge, enthusiastic and approachable, the Market Chief Executive Officer of the facilities will be responsible for providing strong leadership for each facility. He/she will lead by example, setting clear strategies and performance expectations developed in an environment of participation and collaboration with senior management, physicians, and the Advisory Board.
Other responsibilities include:
- Ensures a positive working relationship with physicians; creates a culture of open progressive communication and mutual understanding between the physicians, facility leadership and employees.
- Develops and leads a top-notch administrative team.
- Establishes a sense of mutual “pride of ownership” among constituencies, including physicians, employees and the community.Nurtures a culture of shared purpose and goals among these groups, fostering greatly improved working relationships and ensuring consistent quality of patient care.
- Maintains a highly visible presence, interacting constantly with key stakeholders to inform and advise them of strategies, current healthcare trends, legislation and activities.Represents each facility as a vital provider and employer by being an active civic leader in the community.
- Recruits and retains first-rate physicians to work with the facility.
- Exhibits strong communication, presentation and listening skills to ensure facility-wide collaboration and coordination, especially concerning physicians, employees and the community.
- Displays strong business acumen, a sophisticated knowledge of healthcare funding, and experience in competitive marketplaces with the ability to make complex and difficult decisions.
- In conjunction with the Chief Financial Officer of each facility, the Chief Executive Officer will sign to certify the financials of the facility on a quarterly basis.
- Appropriately assesses strategic opportunities to enhance the facility’s market position.
- Assures the highest standards of healthcare delivery and outcomes, ensuring a constant patient focus.
- Shows creativity and judgment in developing and communicating an executable vision that includes new product lines and services, partnerships, and ventures.
- Continues to build solid, effective relationships with appropriate partners, payors, businesses, customers, and the community at large.
- Ensures positive employee relations and trust through communication, education, consistency and dependability.
- Leads the development of progressive physician/facility strategies and executes plans in order to optimize the long-term potential of the facility.
- Fosters a work climate that attracts quality employees, and provides and promotes the facility as a provider of choice for patients.
- Demonstrates successes in integrating medical staff and creating opportunities for growth and profitability.
A competitive compensation program will be tailored to the selected candidate. Base salary will be supplemented by a performance bonus and comprehensive, well-rounded benefits program, which includes relocation assistance.
Education/CertificationsAn undergraduate degree in Business, Health Care Administration, or related field is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.Required Background ExperienceMinimum ten to fifteen years of progressive experience in facility or healthcare management, culminating in successfully leading a complex entity in a culturally diverse, competitive urban environment.Demonstrated, sophisticated understanding of healthcare and facility financial matters; a strong, experience-based knowledge of managed care.Experience as a Hospital CEO or senior executive in a proprietary facility, or proven capability to consistently produce positive margins in a complex and competitive environment.A proven background in developing and implementing successful strategies that ensures delivery of high quality, cost effective healthcare. Possesses a verifiable history of engendering growth through increased productivity as well as program development. A strong reputation for sustained, successful, inclusive, trust-based physician relations, and proven success for attracting excellent physicians. The ability to understand physicians’ viewpoints and needs, and work strategically with them in the best interest of patients and the facility.A highly effective manager with a demonstrated track record of bold leadership and bringing teams toward full utilization of their talents and abilities to achieve desired business results.Professional AttributesMust have independent judgment and decision-making capability. Excellent human relations skills. Visionary with the ability to think strategically and possessing the communication and leadership skills to follow through on development plans.Demonstrated success in balancing cost and quality issues and partnering with the medical staff to address productivity and quality improvements.Superior knowledge of healthcare trends and legislation combined with strong business acumen.Track record of active community leadership. The Chief Executive Officer must be a visible, active participant in civic forums representing the facility.Proven ability to provide high quality, cost effective care through innovation, reputation and positive employee and physician relations.Personal AttributesThe ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies and to deliver high quality written and verbal presentations. Astute interpersonal, public relations and negotiating skills. Excellent interpersonal skills; and a dedicated listener.One who encourages feedback and collaborative efforts in his/her staff in order to promote a higher standard of patient care, cost effective delivery of services, and a team-oriented culture.An individual of highest personal and professional integrity, principle and knowledge, earning respect and support when making difficult decisions and choices. Able to establish immediate credibility with peers, senior leadership, medical staff, and the Board.
IN AN EFFORT TO PROVIDE A MORE HEALTHY, SAFE AND SATISFYING ENVIRONMENT TO OUR EMPLOYEES, INDIVIDUALS TO WHOM JOB OFFERS ARE EXTENDED MAY UNDERGO NICOTINE TESTING AS A PART OF THE PRE-EMPLOYMENT PROCESS.Job: Executive SearchPrimary Location: San Luis Obispo, CaliforniaHospital Location: Sierra Vista Regional Medical CenterJob Type: Full-timeShift Type: Days Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify and Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) programs. Follow the links below for additional information.