Program Manager I
Plans, organizes and oversees staff responsible for developing budgets and schedules to meet contractual/project requirements for existing programs. Establishes and defines program plan requirements and directs in-depth studies to determine optimum program plans. Manages the coordination of interdepartmental development requirements and related activities for existing programs. Oversees interfaces with vendors and customers and the performance of extensive investigations as required. Monitors and reports on the company’s performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met; recommends and arranges modifications as required. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years’ work experience; experience in a Program Management discipline within the DoD industry.
• Experience managing complex programs, with strong working knowledge of program management standards, methodologies and operating procedures. Experience is preferred with minimum value of $500,000 .
• Program Management experience directing all phases of programs/projects from inception through completion as well as experience in participating in negotiations of contract and contract changes.
• Experience writing proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications.
• Experience in goal orientation with ability to cite specific examples of driving program successes within prior work experiences.
• Experience in coaching and mentoring staff; facilitate and mediate conflict and bring a global view to the Program Management office.
• In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
• Deliver program to agreed time, cost, quality and performance parameters by organizing, coordinating and directing all program activities in conjunction with all required functional organizations. Define the strategy and objectives to successfully deliver the program, taking into account the company’s strategic objectives, while remaining consistent with customer and contractual requirements.
• Developing and implementing a proactive risk management process. This process includes identifying resource gaps and mitigation planning / review of program risks both during the program planning phase and regularly during program execution, integrating the reporting of the program activities and operating program governance.
• Assures Integrated Project Team (IPT) resource identification and must be able to operate effectively within this environment, carrying out the program activities through the efforts of a matrixed team. Directly motivate and provide leadership for the broader program team. Ensure effective and open communication throughout the program team and with all internal and external stakeholders, leading planning efforts and resolving conflicts across projects.
• Measures and improves program performance through the investigation of processes, tools, staff training, facilities and team dynamics. Identifying and recommending alternatives that could improve the performance of these factors, or overall program performance.
• Responsible for conducting regular reviews of all program task estimates, challenging the team to develop and implement the most efficient methods for achieving the requirements and eliminating wasteful approaches.
• Outward focus, establishing an objective roadmap for creating new business opportunities from the present program. This is enhanced by their actively managing customer satisfaction thereby, assuring a high rate of repeated business. Also, trains program personnel to be alert to new opportunities and equips them with "state-of-the-art" skills to remain competitive.
• Participate in planning of company capital, Internal Research & Development (IRAD), and Bid & Proposal (B&P) resources.
• This role requires strong personal accountability: ability to lead with integrity, honesty and trust; ability to deliver reliable, unique and leading edge solutions that meet/exceed expectations; ability to act with energy, passion and responsibility; ability to collaborate to leverage and align all elements of the business; ability to inspire every employee to reach his or her full potential and achieve excellence
Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years’ work experience; experience in a Program Management discipline Must be a proficient user of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Project. Strong goal orientation with ability to cite specific examples of driving program successes within prior work experiences. Excellent people leadership and interpersonal skills.Preferred Experience:
• Accredited Project Management qualification
• Experience leading programs utilizing an Earned Value process, including customer reporting requirements
• 5 years of progressive responsibility in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, including solid leadership in microelectronics, power or RF program management environment; proven success in managing projects through production material control/scheduling, and design engineering principles
• Active DoD clearance
Cobham’s values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world’s leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.