Business Insurance has recognized Lockton as one of the "Best Place to Work in Insurance." for eight years running. We think you’ll agree! A few of the reasons Associates love working at Lockton include:
•Opportunities for growth and advancement, including paid training and professional development.
•12-week paid parental leave.
•A huge emphasis on community involvement –Associates are encouraged to support and volunteer for their favorite charities.
•Frequent athletic and wellness events.
•Social and teambuilding opportunities like happy hours and other celebrations.
•Incredibly generous rewards; US Associates receive a Rolex for their 10 year anniversary.
Lockton Affinity, a division of Lockton Companies located in Overland Park, Kansas, is currently looking for an individual to join the Office Services Team. The Office Services Associate will sort, distribute, and dispatch all incoming and outgoing mail and written communication. Will be responsible for orders and maintain all office supplies and inventory. This includes, kitchen supplies, coffee stations, envelopes, toner, etc. Calls for service and repairs on office equipment. Works with all vendors and courier services to maintain good service to all internal and external customers.
- Opens envelopes, date stamps time received on mail piece.
- Sorts mail according to department and individual destination, and delivers to specified work area.
- Collects all material, correspondence, and mail from specified individual and department locations. Seals and meters outgoing mail.
- Quality checks outgoing mail for appearance and validates USPS guidelines are being followed for current pre-sort postage procedures.
- Scans any 10x13 envelope over 13.3 ounces to comply with IMpb guidelines
- Maintains appropriate levels of office supplies. Orders and re-stocks shelves and kitchen as needed.
- Prepares specialized outgoing mail in accordance with carrier requirements (e.g., FEDEX, UPS, Quick Local Delivery).
- Assists associates who visit the department needing supplies or help with special projects. Prepares orders for special requests.
- Set up new associate desk, with welcome balloon, candy, card and desk supplies as well as a chair. Clean area before placing items on the desk.
- Protects the confidentiality of information learned in performing the duties of the position. Advises supervisor if necessary.
- Daily completes scanning received from various departments by following specific guidelines. Also completes scanning projects as needed.
- May be asked to help pull items out of Velocity and print them for compliance audits.
- Box scanned items by 21, 47 or 55 and saves for 2 months until they can be shredded.
- Call for repairs on office equipment; photocopy machine, mail machine, folding machine, fax machine.
- Patrols conference rooms and sets them up for meetings when requested by providing coffee, pop and water.
- Prepares written correspondence, reports, and memos as requested.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
- Prints specific small envelope orders for the Processing & Marketing staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Ability to operate alphanumeric keyboard, and to type 45 wpm.
- Ability to use MS office and internet to order supplies, track inventory and prepare FEDEX labels.
- Physical ability to: lift materials, boxes, and other items within the range of 30 to 50 pounds; use two-wheel dolly to transport heavier items and push a fully loaded mail cart around the office. Also have the ability to grasp ten pounds of material and extend arms above the head and stand up most of the day.
- Ability to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Must have strong value of service to others and be able to work with associates at all levels of responsibility.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously with ability to respond and refocus quickly.
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
Lockton Companies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. As a privately held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great individuals. This includes health and dental coverage, which begins on your first day of work, 401(k) with match and immediate vesting, a competitive vacation plan and unrivaled career advancement opportunities. Lockton offers excellent benefits and a competitive salary.
More than 6,000 professionals at Lockton provide 50,000 clients around the world with risk management, insurance, employee benefits consulting, and retirement services that improve their businesses. From its founding in 1966 in Kansas City, Missouri, Lockton has attracted entrepreneurial professionals who have driven its growth to become the largest privately held, independent insurance broker in the world and 9th largest overall. For eight consecutive years, Business Insurance magazine has recognized Lockton as a "Best Place to Work in Insurance." To see the latest insights from Lockton’s experts, check Lockton Market Update .
Lockton is known throughout the insurance industry as an entrepreneurial, progressive and successful insurance broker. As a result of continued individual and group accomplishments, Lockton has a record of steady and substantial growth. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, Lockton is interested in hearing from you.
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.