EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FOR THE FOUNDATION AT SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
The Foundation at Sheridan Memorial Hospital, located on the Eastern Slope of the Big Horn Mountains in Wyoming, is a unique community-centered hospital that balances contemporary medical technologies with an extraordinary commitment to patient satisfaction. For over 100 years, we have brought progressive programs and medicine, superior outcomes, and cutting-edge technology to the people we serve.
The Foundation was established in 1976 and has served Sheridan Memorial Hospital (SMH) and the region by raising funds for the hospital and healthcare service expansion ever since. Remarkable projects such as the new ICU, Welch Cancer Center, Griffith Emergency Department, Watt Dialysis Center, and Cardiac Catheterization Lab, have been successfully completed with the help of philanthropy. The Foundation continues to grow to expand philanthropy in our community and support the hospital in providing our region with excellent, patient-centered care.
The Executive Director of The Foundation reports to the foundation board of directors and oversees The Foundation and Marketing Communications/Community Relations. This structure enables the team to focus their efforts and work together to support a strong rural healthcare system for our community and region.
Responsibilities include leading and strengthening a comprehensive philanthropy program in support of the hospital's mission and goals. Specific emphasis is on major donors, planned giving, capital campaigns and annual giving. Along with leadership responsibility for The Foundation, the Executive Director will work closely with the CEO of SMH and have oversight of the hospital’s marketing communications and community relations activities in concert with the hospital’s mission and marketing objectives. They will have two direct reports, Director of Donor Relations and Marketing Manager, and will be a member of the SMH Senior Leadership Team.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a strategic plan along with measurable goals for increasing planned giving, future capital campaigns and major donors. The plan will be informed by donor analysis including past giving patterns and trends.
- Work closely with The Foundation Board of Directors and provide staff leadership for planning, board development, recruitment, volunteer engagement and financial reporting.
- Lead the Foundation and Marketing Communications team to work effectively in executing the strategic plan.
- Exercise careful fiscal management to achieve a strong return on investment for philanthropy expenditures.
- Build strong, cooperative and productive relationships with foundation board members, current and prospective donors and other key stakeholders at SMH including the hospital leadership team, physicians and employee partners.
- Develop and execute initiatives to expand major donor and planned giving programs while fostering relationships with potential donors who value the important role SMH plays in the community.
- Serve as a leader who models both the highest level of professionalism as a fundraiser and senior leader following the SMH Kindness First Standards.
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to develop long-term relationships with a variety of constituents, including colleagues, donors, physicians/providers, boards, volunteers, staff and community leaders.
- Undergraduate degree required, master’s degree preferred.
- Strong record of philanthropic accomplishments with a minimum of 5 years’ experience leading major gift programs and capital campaign projects preferred.
- Minimum 3 years direct management experience leading a team in philanthropy, development or a related field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to present to diverse audiences.
- Experience with marketing communications and/or community relations. 7) Experience in a health care environment preferred.
Salary Range: $80,000-110,000 based on experience
Email a cover letter and resume to Erin Oetken at