Position Title: Editorial Assistant
Location: Atlanta, GA 30339
Position Type: Part-time
Reports to: Production Manager
Education: High School Diploma
Cover Letter: Required
EBSCO Research is an independent research firm that publishes the annual Best Pick Reports home services guide and bestpickreports.com in nine major metropolitan areas. We are a close-knit production and editorial team in search of a part-time editorial assistant whose responsibilities fall primarily into the categories of journalism, account management, and administration. The editorial assistant will be responsible for the following tasks, in addition to those assigned on an as-needed basis:
- Working closely with clients to ensure that publication content is accurate and consistent with our style guide
- Conducting interviews with clients over the phone for client profiles
- Fact checking
- Proofreading and editing a high volume of material quickly and thoroughly
- Conducting research on a variety of home service topics (e.g., plumbing, roofing, landscaping)
- Writing educational online content about the home services industry
- Contributing to the Best Pick Reports Home Improvement Blog
Though our research firm is relatively small, our association with EBSCO Industries means that working with us could be the first step in a bright career for the right candidate, particularly in the areas of publishing and information services.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to process a high volume of material efficiently and accurately
- Highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple priorities within demanding timeframes
- Bachelor’s degree or current enrollment in a bachelor’s degree program
- At least one year of previous work experience
- Proofreading or editorial experience
- Technical writing experience
- Experience with data entry
- Experience with Adobe InDesign
- Knowledge of The Chicago Manual of Style
This is a part-time position. The ideal candidate will be able to work at least 30 hours per week.
Physical Requirements: Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to lift, lower, push, pull or carry product up to 15 lbs. by hand
- Be able to regularly stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch
- Prolonged sitting up to 75% of the time
- Occasional walking 10% of the time
- Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity
- Require physical effort associated with using the personal computer to enter information
- Must be able to read and hear verbal instructions in English
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About this company
From our President...
EBSCO aims to be a good work home, to deliver useful products and services to our customers with excellent service, and to improve and grow in all our endeavors.
We seek employees who can be distinctively individual, yet also work within a cooperative team. To promote an environment of fairness, learning and improvement, EBSCO practices open-door communications. We seek to be a good place to work and offer employees as much opportunity as their abilities and willingness to work can handle.
EBSCO is blessed with many loyal customers. We look to our customers to learn to develop better products and services and foster the creativity and ingenuity that will make us better. We will continue to put our customers first.
J.T. Stephens, President
We guide ourselves with seven values:
Customer First - Our jobs and our company's future come from the customer
Sales - We communicate, educate and persuade to offer our products and services as far and wide as the market opportunity exists
Growth - We are committed to finding and growing revenues and business activities
Profitability - Profits provide the resources to maintain operations, to invest to improve them, to develop new opportunities and to ensure a financially secure organization
Engineering - We must constantly seek to identify and to develop ways to realize opportunities and to change shortcomings
Thrift - The need for economy stands as an eternal verity
People - People make the difference when they work together as a knowledgeable, productive and motivated team with mutual respect for one another We are thankful for our historical progress. We are inspired by our opportunities. We will continue to seek improvement and growth.
Thank you for your interest in EBSCO Industries. EBSCO is an international company headquartered just outside Birmingham that competes in markets ranging from Subscriptions Services to Fishing Lures to E-Commerce. EBSCO realizes that our past success and future relies on the people that work with us and therefore we are always seeking candidates that best suit the needs of our organization. To see a listing of the jobs we currently have open and to submit your resume, click here. Once your profile has been submitted, it will remain in our database and you may return to apply for future positions.
EBSCO is proud of its continued success and realizes that this success is a result of a dedicated staff. We appreciate your desire to become a part of our team.
If you are interested in employment with another EBSCO company, please contact that company directly.