Title: Assistant Event Coordinator (part-time)
Location: Birmingham, AL
About this position: Vaco has been engaged by a company corporately headquarted in Birmingham who is looking to add to their Event and Meeting Management group. This person will handle meetings, coordinate travel, transportation, and events, and have a high level of interaction with vendors and clients. They are looking for someone who is energetic, self-motivated, and a team player. Needs to be open to flexible work hours, as hours will vary according to event schedules.
- Organize and manage a wide range of events, including conferences, seminars, general meetings, employee or industry award ceremonies, and client social events
- Book travel including hotels and transportation
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to management for each project
- Coordinate appointments and scheduling of events on the calendar
- Prefer HTML experience/exposure
- Highly trained in Microsoft Office Suite and have strong knowledge of other updated computer software programs/applications (Build spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, etc.)
- 2-5 years prior experience in event/meeting planning
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Manage execution of proper timelines, prioritize large workload
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH REQUIRED EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF RESUMES PLEASE NOTE YOU DO NOT NEED TO APPLY IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY SUBMITTED TO ANOTHER VACO POSTING. YOUR QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR ALL OPEN VACO OPPORTUNITIES.
Your resume will never be submitted to a client company without your prior knowledge and consent to do so.
We are shaping the future here at Vaco! If you would like to join Apply below.
Do you know someone who is the right fit? Call today and learn more about the Vaco referral program.
Connect with Vaco online!
About this company
Vaco matches the strongest accounting, financial, IT and administrative professionals with the unique project and permanent needs of our clients - simple in theory, difficult in execution.
Actually, some parts are simple in execution too.
When deadlines are looming large, there are no more weekends to give and the infrastructure must evolve in order to compete, our clients need help at the speed of now.
Your Vaco Partners are pedigreed players with either deep industry experience in the discipline they serve or significant & proven experience in ours. They have cutting-edge technology driven tools, a national reach and a collective network of professionals that lead to your unique solution. Through successfully serving thousands of clients throughout our careers, it has become simple for us to understand the type of partners our clients need and the tools required to serve.
So what is difficult? Attracting and retaining these elite players to serve you for the rest of your career. Our clients want proven, pedigreed, committed partners to rely on when their career needs shift or when their company needs an infusion of talent to achieve critical objectives. Before Vaco, their choices were traditional national firms with significant turnover or small shops with limitations. Vaco was founded to address this need - to offer local ownership with a national reach.
Vaco is not a bureaucratic mega-company. It is a family of 28 like-minded LLCs across the nation committed to serving you.
Our team has equity, autonomy, voice, growth, freedom, and talented partners across the Nation. Your Vaco team is committed to serve you for the duration of your career in an empowered environment where they can enjoy the duration of their career.