Title: Clinical Staff Pharmacist
City, State: Oneonta,AL
Location: St Vincent’s Blount
Department: Pharmacy Services General 001
Additional Job Details: PRN,Day
St. Vincent’s Health System - St. Vincent’s Birmingham, St. Vincent’s Blount, St. Vincent’s East, St. Vincent’s St. Clair, and St. Vincent’s Ambulatory Healthcare Network (a network of additional entities and services including St. Vincent’s One Nineteen, home health care, and family medicine) - Care you can believe in. At St. Vincent’s Health System, we care about our associates just as much as we do our patients. We believe our highly skilled staff is instrumental in providing our faith-based model of care. If you’re interested in joining a team with an impressive reputation for providing compassionate care, St. Vincent’s could be the right fit for you. Apply online today at www.stvhs.com/careers.asp careers at St. Vincent’s Health System.
The Clinical Staff Pharmacist assures the appropriate selection, dosing, administering, and dispensing of medication orders.
- Reviews and assesses medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential and actual drug related problems. Recommends formulary alternatives when appropriate.
- Compounds and dispenses medications for accurate delivery to patients.
- Provides drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
- Communicates with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate care.
- Performs a range of duties related to central pharmacy operations and outcomes and decentralized roles requiring direct and collaborative interactions with patients, physicians, nurses, and other ancillary caregivers.
- Oversight of the drug distribution process and technician activities.
- Serves as a preceptor for students and residents.
- Applies/implements pharmacy initiatives for patient care, including renal drug monitoring, pharmacokinetic monitoring and dosage form conversions, as well as additional clinical requests as needed and approved by medical staff.
- Exhibits highly effective verbal communication and interpersonal skills with physicians and other healthcare team members to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality of patient care. This includes communicating problems and alerts to appropriate supervisory staff and providing accurate shift to shift communication regarding unresolved situations requiring future action.
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Pharmacist credentialed from the Alabama Board of Pharmacy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Parenteral certification preferred.
Doctorate (professional) Graduate from a College of Pharmacy accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE) required
- Bachelor’s Level Degree
- Graduate from a College of Pharmacy accredited by the American council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE) or
- one year Pharmacist experience in a hospital setting preferred. Completion of Post Graduate Year One (PGY1) Pharmacy Residency Program preferred.
How To Apply
Applicants may proceed by clicking on the “Apply Now”.
To apply later, return to the Career page at www.stvhs.com
In addition, you may apply via one of our Employment computers in the following locations: Human Resources located at St. Vincent’s Birmingham, 806 St. Vincent’s Drive, Birmingham, AL 35205 (4thfloor in Building 1) 8:00am – 2:00pm
Human Resources located at St. Vincent’s East, 50 Medical Park East Drive, Suite 259, Birmingham, AL 35235 (2ndfloor) 8:00am – 2:00pm
Administration office at St. Vincent’s Blount, 150 Gilbreath Drive, Oneonta, AL 35121 9:00am-3:00pm
For questions or assistance with completing the online application, please contact Ascensionc candidate care at 855-778-6037.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent’s and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent’s and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law. If you have additional questions about your application process , you may contact Ascension candidate care at 855-778-6037.. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent’s participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.