Job Description Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle. JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Monitors software applications, systems and hardware in the computer processing environment. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner to meet service levels and standards for the job. Conducts test of hardware and/or software changes or changes to processes and procedures before implementation in the processing environment. Typically supports production environments but may support only non-production environments. GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the scheduling system and new/improved work procedures for the processing environment.
- Monitors the applications, systems and hardware in the processing environment for abnormal processing conditions.
- Researches and resolves user problems as well as issues and problems with software systems, operations processing, and assigned processing environments.
- Utilizes manuals, write-ups and other tools as an aid in solving the problem.
- Contacts others who are experienced in the area for ideas about the problem.
- Contributes to the body of knowledge by adding solutions and other information that would be useful to others.
- Follows escalation procedures, when appropriate, to resolve processing problems and user problems in a timely manner and meet service levels and other standards for the job.
- Coordinates the testing of applications, systems, processes and procedures, hardware and/or software changes.
- Analyzes and implements changes or additions to software systems and operations procedures.
- Trains internal customers (employees) on changes, new systems or new procedures.
- May identify new tools, technology, or processes that improve the overall processing environment or processing efficiency.
- Assists in the definition of external and internal customer problems and needs.
- Discusses expectations with customers.
- May explain solutions directly to customers where appropriate
- Maintains the operations support disaster recovery/business continuity plans for the assigned processing environments.
- Coordinates and conducts disaster recovery testing as required, documents test results, and documents modifications required for future testing.
- Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or GED is required for this role. A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline is preferred. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
JOB FAMILY LEVEL
- Knowledge of company software products
- Knowledge of open systems operating systems
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012
- Knowledge of monitoring tools
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Network+ preferred
- Ability to effectively use production control tools and resources for mainframe and/or open system processing environments
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels of the organization or that of clients (e.g., executive, management. individual contributors)
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
Entry level role requiring basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Has general understanding of processes, tools and practices in one or more technical processing environments. Generally performs single-function tasks that tend to be of small to moderate size and scope. Works under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment. Consults with senior peers on non-complex projects to learn through experience. Typically requires up to three (3) years of production/operations support or computer operations experience.
Black Knight Financial Services is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer