TheJava Service Developer has specific responsibilities and will be leading application development systems design, while interfacing with our vendor partners. Delivery of reliable and secure software solutions meeting the operational specifications required through development of the system logic. Reviewing and guiding the code of other team members through reviews. This role is empowered and accountable for software systems designs, including loosely coupled designs across verticals and platforms. Triage, debugging, surveillance & monitoring are all key activities for non-development environments. Professional growth of knowledge across both technical and operational domains is required. Expectations include innovation and critical thinking leading to decision making driving towards efficient, simple solutions answering to complex business needs. Partner with fellow COE team members, Planning, Architecture, Infrastructure, and Operational teams towards constructing solutions while progressing towards the approved enterprise technology stack. This position is also responsible for looking for synergy across Specialty applications, and realizing benefits gained sharing features across home delivery applications. Travel is expected for 10% of their time. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Partner with employees and vendor partner consultants from different locations in the development and delivery of Specialty software applications.
- Works to develop skills, self-motivated, provides feedback to others, and oversees resolution technical issues and complexities. Identify process improvement and code synergies achieved through innovative ideas and critical thinking.
- Consult with business departments as needed. Ensures projects/initiatives are completed within designated time frames and tracks progress reports to management.
- Works on resolution of urgent and on-going problems to ensure their team’s contribution to overall reliability.
- Trusted advisor to Operations and cross-functional team members, providing data and technical insight from the application metrics, pertaining to business impact.
- Ensures defects are quickly assessed and/or mitigated and resolved, whether in non-production or production.
- Represents Information Technology in cross-functional meetings and projects. Prepares for, implements and communicates new corporate initiatives and processes within assigned team.
- College degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Proven technical leadership skills in leading high talent teams in local and remote locations.
- 5-8 years experience in software development, preferably 1-2 years at ESI or in the PBM industry.
- Focus areas for this role will include the contact centers, digital channel engagement, and overall patient and physician engagement. Experience in these areas is a strong plus
- 3-5 years experience developing applications with Java
- Proven experience developing service infrastructure in Spring or similar
- In-depth knowledge of service infrastructure including REST and SOAP
- Demonstrated experience with source control management tools such as Git, SVN, TFS or CVS
- Ability to be an agent of change, handle complex technical problems into smaller simple solutions, and create a culture that supports high team morale
- Thorough knowledge of IT concepts, procedures and practices in the Software Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge and experience working within an Agile software development environment
- Experience developing and deploying service layer /middleware applications in an enterprise scale environment
- Extensive understanding and experience with software debugging and integration techniques (API, Services, SOA)
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines
- Experience with strategic work planning and budgeting
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Familiarity with health care or PBM industry very helpful
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines
- Willingness to travel limited amounts
Job CategoryInformation TechnologyPrimary LocationUnited States-Florida-OrlandoWork LocationsOrlando, FL - 6272 Lee Vista Boulevard6272 Lee Vista BlvdOrlando32822
ScheduleFull-timeShift1st ShiftEmployee StatusRegularTravelNoWork From Home?No
Internal ID: REQ20007080