Handle inbound calls and facilitate Outbound calls from/to Patients inquiring about their Home Delivery benefit. Explain the advantages of Home Delivery prescription services (mail order). Identify patient needs and present savings and convenience of receiving medications via Home Delivery. Accurately complete and document patient interactions and transactions in company databases. Initiate calls and faxes to prescribers to obtain prescriptions on behalf of patients who agree to use Home Delivery. Contact prescribers to create awareness of their patient’s request to fill their prescriptions via home delivery pharmacy and submit for processing. Effectively manage a caseload of records to facilitate timely processing of Home Delivery prescription requests.
- Member (Patient): Utilizing a consultative sales approach, explain the advantages of Home Delivery prescription services (mail-order). Update conversion requests and provide shipment status to members.
- Physician: Facilitate transition of requested medications to Home Delivery. Advocate for the member patient by placing phone calls, fax or other means to prescriber’s offices to obtain prescriptions; forward to pharmacy for fulfillment. Obtain new prescriptions from prescriber’s offices and record approval status. Manage daily workflow volume. Evaluate prescription status determine next steps and record outcome. Service incoming calls from doctors’ offices.
- Both: Ensure accurate and complete documentation is entered into the appropriate systems for all contacts (internal/external) to maintain the quality of the home delivery process, document HIPAA compliance and reduce potential legal concerns. Navigate multiple on-line systems to capture and interpret basic patient/physician information and document the information in company data systems. Resolve questions and/or issues that may be preventing shipment of an order. Uphold quality and productivity standards on all transactions. Work collaboratively with other MCC employees to ensure that best practices are shared. Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 - 3 years of customer service experience or customer-facing experience.
- Be registered or registry eligible through the appropriate state’s board of pharmacy (if required by state law) upon hire or transfer; Must have ability to maintain active licensure throughout time in position
- General knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Internet with the ability to navigate through multiple computer systems simultaneously
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to articulate in communicating prescription request clearly
- Ability to provide exceptional listening and customer service skills
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, learn quickly, solve problems and make decisions; Demonstrate dependability, self-motivation and goal-orientation
- Ability to positively represent ESI’s vision and values when interacting with customers and members; Detailed oriented
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends
Job CategoryOperationsPrimary LocationUnited States-Missouri-St. LouisWork LocationsSaint Louis, MO - HQ 6 - 4700 North Hanley4700 North HanleySt. Louis63134
ScheduleFull-timeShiftAnyEmployee StatusRegularTravelNoWork From Home?No
Internal ID: REQ20008252