The Sr Manager – Software Development Engineering manages a team of Software Development Engineers. This position participates in the evaluation and prioritization of customer/user requests. Assigns projects, research and work assignments to team members and directs activities, providing functional guidance and completing individual tasks as needed. Ensures projects are completed within designated time frames and tracks and reports progress to upper management. Participates in cross-departmental IT initiatives. The Sr Manager has full accountability for the work of all members of the team also represents, strategizes and promotes methodologies and processes across IT and devises improvements to the current processes. This person is also responsible for providing timely feedback to their team members and assisting their leadership with year-end calibration and identification of high performers. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Manages a functional team in one or more sites. Works to develop employee’s skills, evaluates performance and provides feedback, and oversees resolution of employee relations issues.
- Consults with business, BAT and other IT management to evaluate user requests and clarify objectives for projects and initiatives. Develops annual initiatives and specific deliverables for their team. Oversees determination of feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current policies, procedures, and functions
- Completes projects and initiatives as assigned, coordinating their team resources and resources in different departments.
- Provides assistance to IT team members needing their expertise and knowledge. Provides on-the-job training for new of less experienced team members. Mentors team to improve their understanding and skill and ensure they are familiar with resource materials
- Works with IT Management team to analyze operations and efficiency of the IT group and recommend process improvements.
- Works with departmental leadership to develop and implement strategic business work plan goals. Tracks and periodically reports progress to senior management. Assists the Budget planning and management for their department
- Participates in special projects or task forces as assigned
- 4+ years’ experience with a PhD, 6+ years’ experience with a Master’s Degree, 8+ years’ experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 14+ years of relevant experience without a degree
- Knowledge of Java, J2EE, Oracle required
- Ability to lead high talent teams in local and remote locations
- Previous supervisory experience in leading a technical team or managing a larger cross-functional team of non-direct reports
- Ability to motivate employees, handle difficult employee relations issues and create a culture that supports high employee morale
- Conceptual knowledge of IT concepts, procedures and practices
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work load and meet project deadlines
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- Extremely detail oriented
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate project deadlines
Job CategoryInformation TechnologyPrimary LocationUnited States-Tennessee-MemphisOther LocationsUnited States-New Jersey-Franklin Lakes, United States-Missouri-St. LouisWork LocationsMemphis, TN - 1680 Century Center Parkway1680 Century Center ParkwayMemphis38134
ScheduleFull-timeShift1st ShiftEmployee StatusRegularTravelNoWork From Home?No
Internal ID: REQ20008339