Business Insurance has recognized Lockton as one of the "Best Place to Work in Insurance." for eight years running. We think you’ll agree! A few of the reasons Associates love working at Lockton include:
•Opportunities for growth and advancement, including paid training and professional development
•12-week paid parental leave.
•A huge emphasis on community involvement –Associates are encouraged to support and volunteer for their favorite charities.
•Frequent athletic and wellness events.
•Social and teambuilding opportunities like happy hours and other celebrations.
•Incredibly generous rewards; US Associates receive a Rolex for their 10 year anniversary!
Lockton Affinity, a division of Lockton located in Overland Park, is looking for a dynamic, personable Receptionist to answer incoming phone calls, greet and route walk-in guests and perform light clerical duties to support the daily business activities of the particular workstation. The hours for this position will be from M-F, 10am-6:30pm.
- Answers incoming communication lines with professional warmth and courtesy; locates appropriate associate and directs calls to destination without delay.
- Takes message or offers voice mail when caller cannot be connected to appropriate destination; leaves a written or voice message for associate with regard to the message and follows through to see that associate receives message as quickly as possible.
- Proactively maintains day-to-day information on the schedules of associates, and where they may be reached, for expedient handling of calls.
- Greets visitors and contacts appropriate associate and/or directs visitors to proper location.
- Ensures that repair, construction, and other trade industry persons log their arrival and departure.
- Understands this position is the initial contact point for all Lockton Affinity callers and visitors, and represents Lockton Affinity in the highest professional manner.
- Is a role model for all associates in the areas of positive attitude and professional performance.
- Understands when circumstances require gentleness, sympathy, tactful persuasion, conciliation, assertiveness, or other approach and reacts appropriately.
- Takes personal responsibility for the satisfaction of every caller and visitor; is considered a team player.
- Makes positive contribution to customer satisfaction and constantly strives to improve service to the customer.
- Protects the confidentiality of reference information utilized and information learned by performing the duties of the position.
- High school diploma or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Experience and effectiveness in handling multi-line PBX generation switchboard console in a fast paced professional business environment.
- Experience with Microsoft products, i.e. Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability and voice control to quickly instill confidence and comfort with callers and visitors.
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Strong value of service with demonstrated problem solving skills, and ability to make rapid decisions with moderate information.
- Firm, fluent grasp of English language with exemplary verbal, listening, written, and interpersonal skills to interact with callers, associates, and visitors at all levels of life.
Lockton Companies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. As a privately held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great individuals. This includes health and dental coverage, which begins on your first day of work, 401(k) with match and immediate vesting, a competitive vacation plan and unrivaled career advancement opportunities. Lockton offers excellent benefits and a competitive salary.
More than 6,000 professionals at Lockton provide 50,000 clients around the world with risk management, insurance, employee benefits consulting, and retirement services that improve their businesses. From its founding in 1966 in Kansas City, Missouri, Lockton has attracted entrepreneurial professionals who have driven its growth to become the largest privately held, independent insurance broker in the world and 9th largest overall. For eight consecutive years, Business Insurance magazine has recognized Lockton as a "Best Place to Work in Insurance." To see the latest insights from Lockton’s experts, check Lockton Market Update .
Lockton Companies is an equal opportunity employer. As a privately held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great individuals. This includes health and dental coverage, which begins on your first day of work, 401(k) with match and immediate vesting, a competitive vacation plan and unrivaled career advancement opportunities. Lockton offers excellent benefits and a competitive salary.
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE**
Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.