Business Insurance has recognized Lockton as one of the "Best Place to Work in Insurance." foreight years running. We think you’ll agree! A few of the reasons Associates love working at Lockton include:
Opportunities for growth and advancement, including paid training and professional development
12-week paid parental leave
A huge emphasis on community involvement –Associates are encouraged to support and volunteer for their favorite charities
Frequent athletic and wellness events
Social and teambuilding opportunities like happy hours and other celebrations
Incredibly generous rewards; US Associates receive a Rolex for their 10 year anniversary!
The Healthcare Actuary will function as the primary support to internal business partners and employee benefit clients. The position will be located in one of our offices in the Northeast series (Boston, Farmington, Manhattan, Philadelphia, DC or McLean VA).
Duties to Include:
- Function as the primary support to internal business partners and employee benefit clients across the Northeast series.
- Financial Modeling for employer group health plans including rate setting, contribution and plan design modeling
- Managing database of network pricing for network evaluations
- Trend surveys
- Managing benchmark database
- Client and prospect meeting support
- Participation in national practice initiatives associated with data analytics, forecasting, actuarial, and financial resources
- Educate and guide internal business partners in the use of financial modeling tools
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or Statistics is required.
- ASA or FSAwitha minimum of 5years of Group Benefits consulting experience with particular emphasis on healthcare is required.
- Knowledge of and experience with all aspects of the healthcare marketplace including plan design, pricing, benchmarking, financial management/analysis including experience projections, and administration
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior to excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- High degree of self-motivation
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Products (Excel, Access, VBA)
- Ability to travel
Lockton Companies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. As a privately held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great individuals. This includes health and dental coverage, which begins on your first day of work, 401(k) with match and immediate vesting, a competitive vacation plan and unrivaled career advancement opportunities.
Lockton is a global professional services firm with 6,500 Associates who advise clients on protecting their people, property and reputations. Lockton has grown to become the world’s largest privately held, independent insurance broker by helping clients achieve their business objectives. From its founding in 1966 in Kansas City, Missouri, Lockton has attracted entrepreneurial professionals who have driven its growth to become the largest privately held, independent insurance broker in the world and9thlargest overall. For eight consecutive years, Business Insurance magazine has recognized Lockton as a "Best Place to Work in Insurance."To see the latest insights from Lockton’s experts, checkLockton Market Update.
Lockton is known throughout the insurance industry as an entrepreneurial, progressive and successful insurance broker. As a result of continued individual and group accomplishments, Lockton has a record of steady and substantial growth. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, Lockton is interested in hearing from you.
**NO AGENCIES PLEASE**Any Employment Agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant’s resume will become the property of Lockton Companies, Inc. Lockton Companies will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting Employment Agency, person or entity. Employment Agencies, who have fee Agreements with Lockton Companies must submit applicants to the designated Lockton Companies Employment Coordinator to be eligible for placement fees.