| ||Shipping/Receiving Specialist is responsible for shipping and packaging materials, assisting freight carriers and coordinating part transport to other departments. The role works under some supervision and some contact with external suppliers and customers.|
| || |
- Assemble wooden and cardboard containers to prepare for product packing and line and pad crates/boxes as required.
- Assist freight carriers as necessary to expedite shipments.
- Check materials to ensure that they match purchase orders and submit discrepancy reports when problems are found.
- Count or estimate quantities of materials, parts, or products received or shipped.
- Generate, prepare, and attach identification and shipping labels to finished packaged items, or cut stencils and stencil information on containers, such as lot numbers or shipping destinations.
- Obtain all certifications as necessary for required processes.
- Perform specialized packaging and follow specialized shipment instructions based on customer requests.
- Prepare bills of lading and shipping orders to route materials.
- Transport parts or items from one area of the facility to another using carts, wheels, cranes, forklifts or other motorized vehicles, etc.
- Unload, unpack and receive incoming shipments of products of MRO (Maintenance Repair and Operating) items.
- Pick up and deliver parts in courier van when necessary.
| || |
- Communicate with carriers to exchange information regarding products, materials, services, and other shipping/receiving information.
- Compare product labels, tags, or tickets, shipping manifests, purchase orders and bills of lading to verify accuracy of shipment contents, quality specifications and/or weights.
- Contact carrier representatives or use carrier web based interfaces to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials. (Note: This may not be a job function at all locations.)
- Coordinate completed part transport to other departments for further modifications, use, or shipping.
- Count and record finished packaged items.
- Create and provide bar coding and all other special marking requirements.
- Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates. (Note: This may not be a job function at all sites.)
- Prepare product packaging to ensure quality and conformity to standards.
- Promote teamwork within the organization.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
- Review customer shipping requirements using customer web portals. (Note: This may not be a job function at all sites.)
- Review item status in WISE (Woodward Information Systems Environment) and ensure item is logged/closed out appropriately based on its current status.
- Package materials, sort and weigh products, verifying and adjusting product weight or measurement to meet specifications and maintain relevant records.
- Knowledge of and the ability to use a variety of basic hand tools (e.g., wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers, scrappers, box cutters).
- Knowledge of how quality impacts the success of the organization including costs to customers, costs of recalls and potential costs due to negative impacts on a company's reputation. This includes taking the necessary steps to ensure quality on a consistent basis and striving for improvement.
- The ability to accomplish a task with concern for all the areas involved, including the ability to notice minute inconsistencies/faults in parts, equipment, or production processes to prevent faulty products leaving the facility.
- The ability to use computer and web-based systems to input, access, modify, or output information or to execute programs or analyses with a willingness to learn new applications (e.g., PC-based tools, Microsoft applications, web-based applications).
- Knowledge and ability to use general office equipment.
- Requires verbal and written communication skills to convey basic, routine factual information about day-to-day activities to others who are fully knowledgeable in the subject area. The position requires manual dexterity or the ability to work quickly with hands and strong hand-eye coordination.
- The ability and willingness to demonstrate eagerness, enthusiasm, and optimism for work activities.This includes the ability and willingness to take ownership of work activities, to learn and understand company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and the ability to adhere to department safety rules regarding eye and ear protection, personal protection, hazard labeling, MSDS sheets, evacuation procedures, and emergency phone numbers.
- The ability to interact cooperatively and collaboratively with others as a team.
- The ability to see details (e.g., letters, numbers, codes, color, symbols, marks, labels, signs) clearly to accomplish work tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
Education or Formal Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
No related work experience is required with a valid driver's license (as required).
Woodward is an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of control solutions for the aerospace and energy markets. Our aerospace systems and components optimize the performance of fixed wing and rotorcraft platforms in commercial, business and military aircraft, ground vehicles and other equipment. Our energy-related systems and components enhance the performance of industrial gas and steam turbines, reciprocating engines, compressors, wind turbines, electrical grids and other energy-related industrial equipment. The company’s innovative fluid energy, combustion control, electrical energy, and motion control systems help customers offer cleaner, more reliable and more efficient equipment. Our customers include leading original equipment manufacturers and end users of their products.
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR and EAR, or possess all required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State Department and the U.S. Department of Commerce. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
About this company
Woodward delivers lasting contributions to energy control, always innovating for a better future.
Woodward integrates leading-edge technologies into fuel, combustion, fluid, actuation, and electronic control systems for the aerospace and industrial markets. Our growth is driven by the increasing demand for fuel-efficient, low-emission, and high-performance energy management.
We have a clear vision and follow carefully planned long-term strategies. With multiple locations in fourteen countries, Woodward can respond quickly with solutions tailored to the local demands of our customers.
Our leadership in energy control and optimization solutions is built on a strong foundation, dating back to 1870. We are driven by the needs of our customers and guided by our tradition of integrity, values, and principles.