Annual Salary: $45,000-$50,000
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
About this role: Vaco has been tasked with finding an Agency Account Manager for a very established firm in Birmingham. The Agency Account Manager’s primary responsibility will be daily management of assigned book of business which includes new and renewal business, processing policy related documents, applications, preparing quotes and invoices. The Agency Account Manager will assist customers with claims reporting and policy change requests, and participate in the department’s cross-sell initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review applications, quote, bind, issue and invoice small commercial policies including but not limited to BOP, GL, WC, EPL and Cyber Liability - new and existing accounts.
- Correspond with company underwriters on placement of new and renewal accounts.
- Provide summary of coverage(s) and certificates of insurance as requested.
- Process policy changes and endorsements.
- Process claims and work with claim adjusters as needed to expedite the claim.
- Service and maintain renewal accounts to meet or exceed retention requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years commercial lines P&C insurance agency experience required.
- P&C license required.
- Experience with TAM/Applied agency system preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
About this company
Vaco matches the strongest accounting, financial, IT and administrative professionals with the unique project and permanent needs of our clients - simple in theory, difficult in execution.
Actually, some parts are simple in execution too.
When deadlines are looming large, there are no more weekends to give and the infrastructure must evolve in order to compete, our clients need help at the speed of now.
Your Vaco Partners are pedigreed players with either deep industry experience in the discipline they serve or significant & proven experience in ours. They have cutting-edge technology driven tools, a national reach and a collective network of professionals that lead to your unique solution. Through successfully serving thousands of clients throughout our careers, it has become simple for us to understand the type of partners our clients need and the tools required to serve.
So what is difficult? Attracting and retaining these elite players to serve you for the rest of your career. Our clients want proven, pedigreed, committed partners to rely on when their career needs shift or when their company needs an infusion of talent to achieve critical objectives. Before Vaco, their choices were traditional national firms with significant turnover or small shops with limitations. Vaco was founded to address this need - to offer local ownership with a national reach.
Vaco is not a bureaucratic mega-company. It is a family of 28 like-minded LLCs across the nation committed to serving you.
Our team has equity, autonomy, voice, growth, freedom, and talented partners across the Nation. Your Vaco team is committed to serve you for the duration of your career in an empowered environment where they can enjoy the duration of their career.