Category Manager Senior Team Leader
The Category Manager Senior Team Leader will manage the day-to-day activities of associates charged with data insight development and provide strategic leadership and direction to the team as they develop insights to be shared with client corporate marketing and brand management groups. This role may service one of more clients within a division.
Project/Client Management and Support
- Prioritize major business opportunities across client(s) categories by alignment of the goals with the Client, Customer and Company.
- Manage, build and maintain strategic and collaborative relationships at Customer and Client level that will lead to recognition of ASM as the go-to strategic partner for category and shopper insights.
Presentation Development and Delivery
- Assume the Lead Role as part of the Sales Team in presenting insights, strategies and tactics to business partners.
- Develop and recommend strategic direction based off collaboration with senior client management teams.
- Determine and quantify primary business opportunities and key drivers through data analysis and industry expertise
- Leverage data for advanced assortment and shelving solutions
- Critically assess assortment efficiencies and provide recommendations that maximize category performance
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (Required), MBA Degree or equivalent experience (Preferred).
- 5+ years of experience in applicable field (i.e. sales and marketing agency, Customer, and/or Client).
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience.
- May require travel up to 10%.
- Leading, Coaching, Training individuals.
- Ability to communicate strategies at multiple levels in a group, verbally and in written format.
- Project management skills.
- Proficiency in shopper data/ Loyalty card metrics
- Proficiency in Nielsen/IRI consumption and Panel analytics.
- Familiarity with Planogram software and creating planograms desired.
Advantage Solutions is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. Advantage Solutions services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Advantage Sales and Marketing LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.