Do you like working with your hands and staying active? Do the words “order” and “process” get you excited? Do you enjoy making things happen behind the scenes and seeing your work flourish on stage? Do you like being a part of something that’s never been done before? Well…being a Seasonal Operations Specialist in the new jcp at JCPenney might be the position for you! Come be a part of a our team that is changing the face of retail forever.
The Temporary Operations Associate is a seasonal role that handles all of the backroom and merchandise replenishment opportunities that occur in the store to ensure jcp is America’s favorite place to shop!
As a seasonal hire you will have a defined employment time period. Your leader manager will communicate with you what your last day worked will be as the peak season comes to an end.
• Assists customersCustomer Service – You’re maneuvering around the store at a fast pace, working with the merchandise, but when a customer stops you to ask a question or request assistance, there’s no one they’d rather be talking to than you.
• Executes the merchandise strategy – You take the plans that have been communicated by leadership on how to display the merchandise throughout the store and drive it home with efficiency and detail!
• Replenishes and restocks the store – You’ve got your finger on the pulse of the customer; you know when merchandise is getting low and you know just where to get more to ensure all of our customers have the styles and sizes they need!
• Receives and unload unloads merchandise – You can unload a truck and prepare the merchandise in the backroom like nobody’s business!
• Responsible for backroom standards – Your stockroom is immaculate; everything’s always in the right place so all of your teammates know just where to get merchandise for the customer and you make it safe, so no one will get hurt on your time.
• Executes pricing and signing – You can change ticket prices and signing on merchandise across the store better and faster than anyone!
• Delivers .com merchandise – You know where all the orders are that have come to the store from jcp.com orders.
• Assists customers – You’re maneuvering around the store at a fast pace with the merchandise, but when a customer stops you to ask a question or request assistance, there’s no one they’d rather be talking to than you.
Skills and Characteristics:
Results: Solve problems and make smart decisions that drive sales, profit or customer service; execute your work efficiently and effectively; inspire strong performance in yourself and others
Ownership: Provide great customer service; cooperate and build positive, inclusive and respectful relationships; take accountability for your actions and outcomes
Intensity: Proactively find ways to improve the customer experience; show the confidence and courage to do what’s right; take action with energy and urgency
Job Title: Seasonal Operations Associate - Salem Center
Location: Salem, OR, United States - Salem Center 305 Liberty St NE
Job ID: 1040620
J.C. Penney Company Inc.
About this company
JCPenney is an American department store chain with 1,014 locations in 49 U.S. states and Puerto Rico.