The Staff Accountant must be team oriented, proactive, and goal driven. This position uses independence and judgment to recognize and resolve problems within established policies and procedures and is accountable for the quality, timeliness and accuracy of own work. All work is performed under the general supervision and reviewed for accuracy and timeliness.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Corporate and Technical Accounting
- Monthly and Year-end close processes
Critical and Essential Tasks:
- Actively participate in month end close processes including journal entries, reconciliations and assessment of proper accounting in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist in maintaining the balance sheet account reconciliation software used by the Company.
- Contribute to the design, test and implementation of new processes.
- Ability to interpret and analyze commonly used financial reports including company financial statements, variance reports, etc.
- Provide SEC filing support as needed.
- Assist in ad hoc projects focusing on automation and optimization
- Perform research as needed.
- Comply with all company policies and departmental procedures, ensuring honest and ethical conduct at all times.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the critical tasks listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the critical tasks.
- 1-3 years accounting experience, preferably in a public accounting environment
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of accounting practices and processes
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; attention to detail and accuracy in work; and time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various accounting software packages such as Microsoft Office with proficiency in EXCEL.
- Ability to leverage others within the organization to diligently gather facts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance discipline