Description Accounting Clerk
Accountemps is searching for a talented Accounting Clerk for a well respected organization. In this role, you will be responsible for data entry, matching invoices to purchase orders and/or vouchers, and assisting in the process of Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R). Become an integral part of the team in an environment that offers you excellent benefits, a great work space/office, and a great career advancement opportunity. This is a long term temporary employment opportunity based in the Coburg, Oregon area.
What you get to do every day
- Standardize transaction documents, which may require revision of other documents or entries as well as the original; may initiate other actions
- Work with Accounts Payable: vendor invoices and disbursement filing, A/P invoice matching filing
- Oversee budgets and originate or verify adjustments and transfers
- Prepare statements and reports that require utilization of a variety of sources
- Assemble documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of accounting codes and expenditure codes
- Contribute to Accounts Receivable: help with collection of past due balance, process daily invoices/credit, apply cash receipt
- Remedy discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepare correction documents as required
- Publish financial information to journals, registers, and ledgers, manually or by electronic equipment
- Overall accounting and administration aid: help with G/L account reconciliation and month-end closing, other ad hoc projects Requirements - Entry-level applicants encouraged to apply
- AA or BS/BA in Accounting preferred
- Excellent data entry skills
- Proficiency in numeric data entry
- Knowledge of accounts receivable
- Foundational knowledge in account reconciliation
- Solid understanding of accounts payable
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Excel and SAP Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don’t take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World’s Most Admired Companies” (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
Location/Region: Eugene, OR (US)