-- Physician - Internal Medicine
Benefits Eligibility (Employment Type): Full-time benefits (32-40 hours per week) Shift Type: Day Shift Length: Other Primary Location (City): Cottage Grove State: OR
PeaceHealth is seeking an Internal Medicine physician for a position based in the Cottage Grove community.
Req ID: 125167
Do you want a rural practice and still be able to live in either a rural or suburban area?
Cottage Grove Community Medical Center and Clinics are part of the PeaceHealth Oregon West Network. Financially strong, this Critical Access Hospital and Clinic has immediate openings for full-time, BC/BE Internal Medicine physicians to join our primary care clinic in the heart of Cottage Grove, OR.
The close-knit critical access hospital and clinic has 14 medical beds and a 24-hour Emergency department. The clinic and hospital are in the same building which simplifies rounding. The very collaborative and congenial group of providers and employees makes the facility feel very warm and welcoming.
As a team player in a state-of-the-art facility you will have multiple resources available including:
- System-wide Epic EMR
- Rehab therapy
- On site lab
- Anticoagulation clinic
- And an all-digital imaging department
- Walk-in clinic 7 days a week
- Infusion services
- Diabetes and nutrition education services in the clinic
- Rapid response team from the ED available 24/7 for your hospitalized patients
PeaceHealth Cottage Grove Community Medical Center was named in 2015 as a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital by iVantage Health Analytics. iVantage also named the hospital as a HealthStrong Hospital this year, meaning it is a top performer across 62 different performance metrics, like quality, outcomes, patient perspective, affordability and efficiency.
- Engaging team of providers and caregivers
- Team oriented Caregivers
- Excellent in-house cafe (will deliver your lunch if you wish)
Unique about the position: We strive to let you be the best primary care physician you can be and let others do the rest.
- The opportunity to teach 3rd & 4th year medical student clerkships
- Opt in or out of participating in hospital care, skilled nursing facility and/ or the walk in clinic
- You can develop your own area of clinical focus or interest within a primary care practice
- We recognize the need for balancing work and your personal life so that you actually have the time to take advantage of what Cottage Grove has to offer.
- A strong local behavioral health clinic nearby to support your patient’s needs
- Clinic calls after hours first managed by nurses until 11:00 pm
- Social workers in the clinic and a strong community safety net for your patient’s support
- Easy phone or EMR access to specialist physicians in Peace Health
- Explore and develop clinical leadership opportunities within PeaceHealth
Here’s why you should experience Cottage Grove, Oregon:
- Cottage Grove is a community of approximately 9,000 people located in the beautiful Willamette Valley, along the Row River, 20 miles south of Eugene and the University of Oregon.
- It serves a population of approximately 25,000 people in the surrounding area.
- It boasts a modern high school and is the recipient of a national "All-American City Award". Cottage Grove is one of only two cities in the State of Oregon to have received the award twice--No other city in Oregon has received the award more than twice.
- It is also known as the “Covered Bridge Capital of Oregon”. Six of the covered bridges in Lane County are located in or around the City of Cottage Grove.
- The community boasts in many outdoor activities, such as hiking, fishing, biking, golfing, boating, gardening. There are six waterfall hikes within 30 miles, Row River trail (16 miles long), there is a local live theater and a downtown historic district.
- Annual community events include Historic Home Tours, the Cottage Grove Rodeo, Bohemia Mining Days and the Family Fun Fair-Western Oregon Exposition.
A few of the benefits offered at PeaceHealth:
- Integrated physician-led medical group
- Medical home model with care teams
- Competitive compensation plus signing bonus
- CME reimbursement & Relocation assistance
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Two excellent health coverage options
- Educational loan reimbursement program up to $100,000 for eligible providers
- Exceptional retirement plans plus optional supplemental plan for providers
- Employee Wellness Program with FitBit allowance and up to $400 in incentives for healthy lifestyles
- Oregon does not have state sales tax
If you are interested in this career opportunity, please contact Dorothy V Reed.
Phone:Show Contact Details(541) 868-3454
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Cottage Grove community, along with our benefits offered, please visit our homepage www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Location: Cottage Grove, CGCH & SLMG (404)
Job Category: Physician & Advanced Practice Clinician
Work Type: Full Time
Posting Notes: Cottage Grove || Physician & Advanced Practice Clinician ||Physicians || Full Time || FAMILY PRACTICE SVCS
Nearest Major Market: Eugene
Job Segment: Internal Medicine, Rehabilitation, Medical, Social Media, EMR, Healthcare, Marketing
Please Click Apply
Location/Region: Cottage Grove, OR (US)