The City of Eugene Employee Benefits Program is looking for an administrative specialist who can fill many roles to support our program goals. The Benefits Program will rely on this position to provide excellent customer service, strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and outstanding attention to detail.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is eager to provide support to a high performing team. We are looking for a curious-minded person who enjoys learning quickly and applying new skills in daily work, and who possesses the confidence and the ability to accomplish job functions with minimal supervision. The successful candidate will also be someone who enjoys taking on new projects, is agile and enthusiastic about supporting a multi-faceted Benefits team.
This position performs a variety of administrative and accounting duties including reception, complex spreadsheet and data entry projects, accounts payable and website administration. The ideal candidate will have experience with employee benefits or health insurance and have strong Microsoft Office Suite experience, with an emphasis in Excel.
Work Location: Woolworth Building, 940 Willamette, Suite 200
Duration of Assignment: Approximately 14 months
Work Schedule: 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday.
Background check required.
- Principles and practices of exceptional customer service.
- Microsoft Office Suite, including strong Word and Excel skills.
- Benefits and/or payroll processing using relevant database systems; PeopleSoft HRMS preferred.
- Business English, grammar, spelling and usage, and punctuation; strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Basic bookkeeping practices.
- General office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Relevant policies and procedures for processing accounts payable and employee benefits.
- Work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Establish collaborative working relationships and communicate effectively in a professional business setting with other employees and the public using diplomacy, courtesy, and good judgment.
- Handle confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Understand and execute oral and written instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Perform and prioritize a wide variety of general administrative support duties; effectively manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
- Understand the City's employee benefits program and assist employees with routine questions and services.
- Generate reports and correspondence.
- Maintain accurate filing and recordkeeping systems.
- Make decisions according to established policies and procedures.
- Be flexible, learn new skills and processes, and adapt to diverse environments.
- Work effectively in a team setting.
- Model trust, openness, fairness, and respect for all individuals in daily interactions.
Two years of recent experience providing administrative and/or clerical support, including current computer experience. Experience in employee benefits desirable.
High school diploma or GED. Associate or Bachelor degree in related area desirable.
Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
License or Certificate
A valid Oregon driver's license or the ability to obtain by date of hire; must pass driving records check and, if hired, maintain a driving record that meets the City's standard. Oregon law requires that an out-of-state license holder must obtain a valid Oregon license (with appropriate endorsements) within 30 days of becoming domiciled in the state (ORS 803.355).
Location/Region: Eugene, OR