The City of Eugene Information Services is looking for dedicated and innovative people who share a love of working with high technology to solve problems. Join our fun, friendly, and diverse Application Development Team developing and supporting citywide systems for an organization with extensive opportunities to learn, grow, and make a difference in a community that cares about you.
The successful candidate for this position will demonstrate:
- Considerable experience using SQL with an Oracle database, SPeopleCode, Application Engine programs.
- Experience with PeopleSoft XML Publisher reporting.
- Experience with Oracle Policy Automation (OPA) rule engine is a plus but not required.
- Experience with Web Services and integrating web services between PeopleSoft and third party applications.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of computer programming and systems analysis; of mathematics; of computer operations procedures and systems; and of computer programming languages.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Skill in the use of computer equipment and in modifying programs for computer applications.
- Advanced ability to process information logically; to design programs and systems logically; to prepare program specifications; to code, test, and debug computer programs; to interpret technical information relating to computer programming and other areas of data processing; and to perform mathematical calculations.
- Must be capable of conducting design review meetings and documenting the meeting minutes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid experience in analyzing, designing, and developing applications using object-oriented concepts in a .NET environment using C#
- Experience working effectively in a team environment
The Developer (classification: Application Systems Analyst) performs an array of cutting edge professional and technical support activities for City's enterprise applications and systems. These duties include maintenance and enhancement of existing software applications; analysis, design, implementation and testing of new software applications, integration of data from various platforms; performance testing and troubleshooting; production of system specifications, procedures, and documentation.
- Application Systems Analyst 1 $66,996.84 - 86,652,84 Annually
- Application Systems Analyst 2 $72,883.20 - $96,220.80 Annually
* Based on candidate qualifications, the position may be filled at either the Application Systems Analyst 1 or 2 level. See Qualifications Section for additional information.
Work Schedule: 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday with additional or flexible hours as needed to meet business needs.
Department / Division: Central Services Department / Information Services Division (ISD), AppDev Team
Work Location: Information Services, 100 W. 10th Avenue, Suite 450, Eugene
This position is open until filled; first review of applications will take place on January 15, 2018.
ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY
Experience: Three years of progressively responsible experience in computer analysis and programming. More specifically:
*Experience with the items above can be obtained concurrently.
- At least three years of experience with PeopleSoft PeopleTools development.
- At least three years of experience using SQL with an Oracle database.
- At least three years of experience of PeopleSoft PeopleCode.
- At least two years of experience with PeopleSoft Application Engine programming.
- At least one year of PeopleSoft XML Publisher experience.
- At least one year of PeopleSoft integration with other PeopleSoft and third party applications experience using web services.
Training: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with course work in computer languages and programming, management of information systems, or related field.
The following is preferred:
Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum qualifications may be substituted.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Micro Focus COBOL
- Experience with Oracle Policy Automation (OPA) rule engine
MUST PASS A CRIMINAL RECORDS CHECK.
Location/Region: Eugene, OR