General description of work:
The Executive Assistant (EA) is responsible for cataloging and distributing information, assisting the Executive Director (ED) and coordinating meetings and schedules at the Union Gospel Mission (UGM). Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines and work as part of a team. The EA supports the leadership function of the Executive Director and the Board of Directors, and must be able to work with the leadership and be involved in leadership discussions. The EA must be comfortable with leadership and management tasks. The EA should have well-developed communications and reading skills and knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Assist the Accountant in the preparation of monthly Finance reports for the Board.
- Assist the ED in the preparation of the monthly Board agenda.
- Work with the ED to plan meetings and appointments.
- Participate in and support special projects on behalf of the ED.
- Assist with opening and sorting of mail.
- Maintain the ED’s calendar of events.
- Maintain the electronic and paper files of the ED’s office.
- Attend monthly Staff Meetings to advise them in special assignments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required.
- Must be detailed, deadline oriented, and comfortable managing multiple projects within tight schedules.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Proficient with MS Office (including Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of general office procedures is essential.
- Some work experience in this field preferred.
Personal Attributes and Values:
· Have a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and a credible testimony to the same. Must provide a clear biblical testimony of a personal experience of receiving by faith the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior and give evidence of His presence in daily living.
· Be a member in good standing or in regular fellowship with a local evangelical church.
· Have a heart of compassion and caring toward the homeless and hurting.
· Have a deep desire to serve the Lord Jesus Christ in the ministry of life recovery for those coming off the streets out of homelessness and out of addictions of all kinds.
· Must subscribe to the Union Gospel Mission’s Statement of Faith and By-Laws.
· Possess and demonstrate excellent personal integrity.
· Demonstrate a courteous and Christ-like manner with guests, volunteers, co-workers, and internal and external partners/agencies.
In any position with the Union Gospel Mission, it is impossible to predict the many requests and assignments that can and will be made on an employee. This is the case with this position. Flexibility and a cooperative spirit are crucial characteristics of the person who holds this important position and for the successful operation of the Union Gospel Mission services.
Education and/or Certification: Minimum: High School diploma and related transferable education and increasing experience and responsibility required. Preferred: AA or BA/BS Degree.
Supervisory Responsibilities and Relationships:
Also the EA must work with Senior Leadership staff. Reports to and is evaluated by the ED.
Requirement: Union Gospel Mission is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, evangelical Christian Ministry; as such employees must share the Mission’s Statement of Faith and Lifestyle, and adhere to the Mission’s employee policy manual and guidelines set forth by the ED.
Are you looking for a Christ-centered work environment that fosters creativity and teamwork in helping men, women and children break free from homelessness? Then send us your application! We look forward to hearing from you.
Completed applications for posted positions may be hand-delivered to the UGM Administrative Office at 745 Commercial Street NE, Salem, emailed to Human Resources, or mailed to Attn: Human Resources at PO Box 431 Salem, OR 97308.
You can also fill the application out online at: https://form.jotformz.com/1884820683 or download the application at: https://www.ugmsalem.org/wp-content/uploads/Employment-Application-Rev.-01-15-2015.pdf