Certified Medical Assistant
Lancaster Family Health
Full-time, 40 hrs/wk
We're growing! YVFWC is adding several full-time certified MA positions to many of our locations throughout Washington State and Oregon to better serve our patients. If you're a Certified Medical Assistant who wants to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic, and compassionate care team at our Lancaster Family Health clinics in Salem, we want to talk to you! New MA grads and experienced professionals are encouraged to apply.
Will require some shifts until 7:00pm. Also approximately one Saturday 8am-5pm shift per month; pay differential for qualifying shifts. Position may be split between both Lancaster Family Health locations in Salem.
Are you a Certified Medical Assistant who wants make a difference in the lives of medically-underserved people in your community? Do you want to work with a team of skilled physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to deliver direct, compassionate, quality care to patients? Are you someone who thrives in a dynamic, energized environment? Are you able to communicate fluently in Spanish? Are you looking for competitive pay and better work-life balance? If you answered Yes to these questions, then we have a great opportunity for you!
What we're looking for:
- An MA who's passionate about community health and working with underserved populations.
- Someone who enjoys working in a fast paced, team-centered environment.
- A clear communicator who is able to build good relationships with all clinic staff and patients, and interacts with everyone in a positive and professional manner.
- A meticulous person who asks questions and clarifies information as needed.
- Someone who wants to continue learning and developing MA skills, and is receptive to performance feedback.
What You'll Do:
- Work in cooperation with a team of skilled physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to deliver comprehensive continuity of care to a highly diverse patient population.
- Maintain examination and treatment areas, including stocking, verifying good working order of equipment, removing expired supplies, and cleaning room after every patient visit.
- Administer medications within scope of certification.
- Prepare patients and assist with routine and specialty examinations, procedures, treatments, and minor office surgeries, following sterile procedures maintaining meticulous sterile technique.
- Obtain specimens for microbiological testing, instructing patients in proper technique to collect specimens.
- Maintain detailed and accurate documentation in the clinic record.
- Seek to anticipate providers' needs and assist as requested, and notify RN if more technical care is needed.
- Find teachable moments during routine care, delivering direct patient teaching and coaching.
- Incorporate high standards of infection control into all tasks.
What we offer:
- Rewarding work with competitive pay.
- Pay differential for qualifying shifts.
- Best-in-class benefits package: 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx, 24/7 telemedicine; profit sharing, 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off (19 days per year for full time positions), paid holidays, uniform allowance, and more.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Graduation from a medical assistant training program, OR graduation from a formal medical services training program of the United States Armed Forces, OR at least 3 years of MA work experience within the last 5 years.
- Unexpired documentation of passage of: AAMA Certified Medical Assistant, AMT Registered Medical Assistant, NHA Certified Clinical Medical Assistant, or NCCT National Certified Medical Assistant Certification/Recertification Examination and current CPR certification required, and maintain current certifications.
- Bilingual English/Spanish. Demonstrates the ability to communicate at level 10 on the ALTA language proficiency scale.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently TRUST one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster INTEGRITY by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate TRANSPARENCY by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create PARTNERSHIPS to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for JUST TREATMENT for all individuals.
- We will let JOY in.
- We have the COURAGE to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/qzn4f9j9fk989w7s
Location/Region: Salem, OR (97301)