ACCEPTING ONLINE APPLICATIONS ONLY
Application Deadline: Friday, May 25, 2018 at 5:00 pm PST
Eugene Public Library is seeking a dedicated public service professional with a desire to provide a wide range of library services in a vibrant, forward-looking environment. This Adult Services position includes reference and reader's advisory; collection development; tech training and help for patrons, staff, and volunteers; programming; and community outreach. Evolving public programs and services include workshops and individual training in our maker spaces, including software and hardware support for creative image, audio, and video production in our Windows and Mac media lab. The library continues to explore new technologies, expansion of web services, and much more. If you have passions for science, literature, the arts, and technology, a fascination for how they can enhance each other, and a desire to bring these experiences to the community, this could be the job for you!
Eugene, Oregon is a vibrant, creative community that celebrates arts, culture, education, and all aspects of outdoor life. In the beautiful Willamette Valley, an hour from the Pacific Ocean and the Cascade Mountains, or 5 minutes from a garden or bike path, Eugene is a nature-lover's paradise. Home to four institutions of higher learning, including the University of Oregon, and a growing center of technology innovation known as "The Silicon Shire," Eugene is a place for invention of the future. Come join the adventure!
To view detailed information on the duties, knowledge, and abilities that may be expected for this position, please see the link listed below:
- Principles and practices of professional library work including reference, programming, core technology skills, emerging trends, databases, web tools, budget management, collection maintenance, and community outreach and engagement.
- Develop and implement library programs and services to meet the needs of the community.
- Perform technical and complex professional library tasks.
- Assist library patrons in reference, information needs, and technology support with enthusiasm and compassion.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and respectful work relationships.
- Master of Library Science degree from an American Library Association accredited college or university.
- Some library experience is highly desirable.
- Bilingual ability in Spanish is highly desirable.
- Must be available to work any time between the following hours:
- Monday - Thursday, 9:00 am - 8:00 pm;
- Friday - Sunday, 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Must pass a criminal background check.
Location/Region: Eugene, OR