Assistant Transportation Supervisor - Full Time - Transportation Services Posting ID 17-18 AD04 Description Springfield Public Schools seeks outstanding candidates for the full time position of Assistant Transportation Supervisor at Transportation Services on 42nd Street. This position is responsible for the coordination of multiple aspects of the transportation department operations including routing, training, safe bus operation, investigation of complaints, and conducting employee performance evaluations. This position will provide direct supervision, technical direction, guidance, training, scheduling, and feedback to district Bus Drivers and Transportation Assistants and will participate in the planning and overall operation of the transportation department. This position works eight (8) hours per day from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday with occasional Saturdays, for 12 months each year. Would prefer successful candidate begin May 21, 2018, if possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Demonstrates regular and acceptable attendance and punctuality, as set forth in Board policy.
- Is familiar with and adhere to all relevant District Board policies, administrative regulations, and building rules.
- Interacts thoughtfully and courteously with students, staff, parents, and community members and resolves conflict in a professional manner.
- Works independently and cooperatively in teams with other staff members and students.
- Maintains appropriate certifications and training hours, as required.
- Designs, coordinates, implements and maintains efficient regular education, special education, and inclement weather routing using established district guidelines and the district computerized routing system.
- Publishes route information making it available to others in the organization, students, and parents.
- Evaluates and modifies routes considering district route design guidelines, route path, stop locations, blind corners, narrow roads, safe crossings, traffic density, road obstacles, and efficiencies.
- Directs the initial training program for new Bus Drivers to attain state certification including DMV Class 2 licensing, School Bus Core I, II, III, and IV, Advanced Core, Defensive Course, and First Aid.
- Designs, directs and conducts driver improvement programs including safe driving, school bus safety exercise, assertive discipline, PBIS, and public image. Establishes annual training programs for drivers.
- ... more info on our website
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Supervises drivers, Transportation Assistants, and other classified staff as assigned. Conducts annual performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Some college level course work in Personnel or Business Management is preferred. Three years’ experience as a Bus Driver and two years’ experience as a Driver Trainer is a plus. Candidates with equivalent experience and/or training which ensures their ability to perform the essential job functions will be considered.
- Work well with others from diverse backgrounds. Focus on solving conflict; maintaining confidentiality; listening to others without interrupting; keeping emotions under control; remaining open to others’ ideas and contributing to building a positive team spirit.
- Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in English.
- Certificates as determined by the District including a valid Oregon Class B Commercial Driver License (CDL), State School Bus Driver’s certificates/licenses, passenger endorsement, and a valid First Aid/CPR card or the ability to obtain one within 60-days of employment. • Other Licenses: Candidate must have or obtain within 24 months of their hire date, a class 2 Drivers License Examiners Certificate and licensure as an instructor for School Bus Driver Certification Program issued by the State Department of Education
- .. more info on our website
Click the blue APPLY NOW button on this page to go to our site and read the full job description and applicaition instructions
Location/Region: Springfield, OR (US - 97477)