Coordinate activities involved with the procurement and services such as raw materials, finished products, parts, services and supplies for the Company at favorable costs. Obtain quotes, generate and processes requisition, and maintain records. Investigate sources of supply and complete purchases through contractual arrangements to affect costs savings. Various administrative duties and special project management as needed. Involves the negotiation of commercial business with suppliers of products and services required to meet the Company’s business objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Purchase materials or other goods and coordinate activities involved with procuring goods and services necessary for the operation of the Company.
· Ensure that materials, equipment, and supplies are ordered and delivered in a timely manner.
· Review project buy-out sheets multiple times, daily.
· Determine method of procurement, such as direct purchase or bid.
· Complete and send Request for Quotations (RFQ’s) to suppliers based on assigned commodities. If returned incomplete, forward to management.
· Confer with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
· Daily contact with vendors to find out status of order or backorder.
· Expedite open orders to meet required dates.
· Inform internal departments of expected delivery date.
· Coordinate with all departments regarding supplier related issues.
· Communicate engineering releases and engineering change orders to suppliers.
· Maintain documented record for both internal and external communications; procurement record, items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
· Work in conjunction with engineering and sales to source new products.
· Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with Receiving or Quality Control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
· Contact vendors with discrepancies with quantity and quality.
· Arrange for return and replacement of rejected materials.
· Participate in special projects/assignments as required and/or directed.
· Interface with all departments.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Minimum 3 years of education and experience in purchasing of materials, preferably in the manufacturing industry.
· MRP/ERP experience.
· Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
· Strong analytical and observation skills.
· Professional communication skills, both verbally and written.
· Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with company-specific programs and software.
· Able to work well with very little directive, carry out assignments and prioritize issues.
· Detail oriented and organized.
· Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Manufacturing Industry Environment Familiarity
· JobBOSS MRP, not required
· Basic knowledge of accounting process very helpful
· Work cooperatively in a team environment
· Technical capacity.
· Highly motivated.
· Customer/Client Focus.
· Collaboration Skills.
· Time Management.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and ten key machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift products and supplies, up to 20 pounds
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
When travel is required, it is primarily local during the business day.
Please note this job descriptions is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PAY & BENEFITS
BasX Solutions offers competitive salary based upon experience with an exceptional benefits package to include paid vacation, paid holidays, 401(k) match, employer paid health insurance, life and disability insurance. This position offers the potential for advancement with the company as we grow.
BasX Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status of an otherwise qualified individual, membership or application for membership in a uniformed service, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law.
BasX Solutions is custom manufacturer of specialized engineered products for high tech, construction and healthcare industries. Located in beautiful Central Oregon, BasX is proud to employ some of the best and brightest in the industry. BasX was awarded the fasted growing private company in Oregon in 2016. We offer offer competitive compensation and benefit packages, with opportunity for employee growth.