Position: Telecom Crew Lead / Foreman
Locations: Dallas, OR and Redmond, OR
Are you a talented, motivated individual who wants to work in an environment that values your input and welcomes fresh ideas?
LightSpeed Networks, Inc., dba LS Networks, is seeking a full time Telecom Crew Lead / Foreman for immediate hire. We are a telecommunications company headquartered in beautiful downtown Portland, in the historic Pittock Building.
Since its inception thirteen years ago, LS Networks has excelled in its mission to bring high quality Internet connections to rural & traditionally underserved communities in Oregon and has even expanded into Washington and California. LS Networks is in the unique position to offer individuals an opportunity to advance their careers with stability unknown to most tech start-ups, but with a level of autonomy and respect for innovation older companies and government agencies often lack.
LS Networks offers an excellent benefits package; new employees are eligible for complete medical & dental coverage after their first full month and for long-term care and life insurance after 90 days, all at no cost to the employee for single coverage. Our safe harbor 401(k) plan is available to employees after 90 days of employment, and includes a 100% fully vested employer match of up to 4% of your compensation. LS Networks encourages staff members to pursue ongoing education and gain industry certifications by offering tuition reimbursement opportunities.
The Telecom Crew Lead / Foreman positions supervise, direct and work hands on installing and repairing fiber optic telecommunications systems and equipment. The line crew leads and foremen work under the supervision of the OSP Construction Manager to install and maintain LS Networks physical network, including plant ancillary equipment, fiber, coaxial, copper and power cable, and low power voltage systems. The current openings are based out of Dallas, OR and Redmond, OR.
The following provides a summary of those essential tasks to be completed by the Telecom Crew Lead / Foreman, as well as the skills, abilities, education and/or experience we are seeking in candidates for the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Supervise and direct field crews.
· Use appropriate hand and power tools to properly measure, cut, bend, assemble and erect all components necessary for lifting, moving and installing plant materials in accordance with the applicable plans, specifications, codes and industry standards.
· Build aerial plant to customer specifications to include: framing poles, placing new strand, lashing new cable to bare strand, over lashing cable to existing strand and cable.
· Dismantle, move, and remove aerial, underground or building wire, cable associated equipment and hardware.
· Repair and maintain fiber system and structures such as broken lashing, replacing or re-sagging aerial strand, pole transfers, down-guys, aerial to underground conversion, make ready, VGR's and all grounding and bonding functions as per NESC, & NEC code.
· Participate, adhere to and support all safety related policies, processes and programs.
· Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise or that may be encountered. Take corrective actions as needed reporting any issues to your supervisor.
· Operate power equipment such as compressors, pumps, blowers, hydraulic diggers, and hydraulic aerial bucket trucks
· Perform all other actions necessary to accomplish the foregoing principal duties and accountabilities.
· Responding and restoring services for emergency calls, responsible for being on the job at short notice to repair damaged cables until service is restored.
· Complete reports related to project status, progress, or other work details, using computer software.
· Proficient with construction equipment and hand tools. Experience with fusion splicer, OTDR, fiber identifiers and scope a plus
· Ability to lift and move up to 100 pounds.
· Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75 pounds) and to perform job from high places (i.e. poles and roofs).
· Ability to climb poles using gaffs and climbing belt as needed.
· Valid driver's license, auto insurance, with a satisfactory driving record and ability to drive company vehicles (bucket truck) in a safe and responsible manner and operate hydraulic aerial lifts.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
· Must be able to work independently without supervision and interact effectively with other team members.
· Work and travel effectively in all manner of conditions, indoors and outdoors in all kinds of weather. Working conditions often include heights, nearness to power lines/electricity, and exposure to dust, dirt and noise.
· Must have good verbal and written communication skills including basic understanding of Outlook, Excel and Word.
· Must have good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
· Supervise a construction and lineman crew of under 12 individuals.
Education and/or Experience
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· CDL or obtain one within 30 days preferred
· Ability to adhere to Local and Federal regulations and Company Policies.
· 2-5 years' experience working as a lineman, or similar craft as a helper or laborer, and a basic knowledge of telecom OSP craft.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary requirements to HR@LSNetworks.net with your name and the job title in the subject line.
LS Networks provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, age, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, military status, physical or mental disability, or any other legally protected status.
LightSpeed Networks, Inc., dba LS Networks, is seeking a full time Associate Project Manager for immediate hire. We are a telecommunications company headquartered in beautiful downtown Portland, in the historic Pittock Building, which is easily accessible from all area mass transit and only blocks away from the iconic Powell’s Books and Pioneer Square.